«What should I eat after dental implant surgery?» This is one of the most frequently asked questions among patients who undergo the placement of one or more dental implants. Today, from the Ruiz de Gopegui dental clinic we bring you the perfect menu for your smile after a dental implant placement.
In our clinic, after an intervention like this, our expert implantologist will recommend that you follow a soft diet, but calm down!, it does not mean that you base your diet on soups. Do you want a perfect menu for your dental implants? Keep reading this article!
Why Is It Important To Follow A Diet After Dental Implantation
The truth is that the placement of implants is a surgical intervention that is completed with a correct postoperative period. For the treatment to be a success, correct healing must also be achieved and also osseointegration, which is usually completed after 3 months.
Nutrition is very important during this time, as it facilitates or hinders healing. We must be careful not to hurt ourselves during meals. Therefore, it is important to follow a bland diet.
With the passage of the healing time, we will adapt the diet, since the implants will be fixed little by little. With each new visit and review, the implantologist will give you some guidelines.
It is very important not to eat very hot foods or drinks, especially during the first week. In these days, the patient will completely recover the sensitivity of the area.
Bet on foods that do not require much chewing, thus facilitating the osseointegration process. Remove from your menu:
- Hard foods
- Foods that may stay between your teeth, such as pimples or seeds.
- Carbonated beverages with sugar or sweeteners.
- Meals with lots of spices.
- Spicy foods.
The most advisable thing is that the first days you have a menu based on liquid meals:
- Juices, avoid citrus fruits that can irritate the wound.
Thus, the treated area will not be affected.
- Scrambled eggs can be included in your menu. They are very nutritious, satiating and do not require much chewing force. Accompany them with cheese, butter, cinnamon…
- Cooked cereals: It is an easy dish to prepare. Take oatmeal and add chopped blueberries. Delicious!
- Vegetables such as cabbage or spinach have a lot of calcium and are essential for oral health. A little oil and salt and you have a delicious and healthy dish.
- You should not avoid meat. Bet on chicken or turkey, tender and delicious meats.
- Also include fish on your menu; salmon is an easy, profitable, and mushy dish.
- You can also opt for hard foods and make them soft just by boiling them: potatoes, carrots, etc.
- To your soups and broths you can also add thin noodles.
- Yogurt, smoothies or gelatin can be a perfect dessert.
After the first review, surely if all goes well, we can start including in the menu chopped vegetables with the fork or grilled and steamed fish. Also softer foods such as croquettes or lasagna.
In your breakfasts bet on cookies dipped in milk or coffee to soften them. If you prefer fruit, you should eat it when it is ripe and soft or try it in smoothie.
It is important to try to chew on the opposite side of the intervention during the healing period.
We give you some to include in your menu. These ideas should be included when you have passed the liquid diet phase:
- Preheat the oven to 150º C
- Cover baking sheet with vegetable paper
- Spread the salmon with a mixture of garlic, parsley and cheese and place it on the tray
- Then, cover the salmon well with a wax paper and bake for 10 minutes
- Discover the salmon and return it to the uncovered oven for 10 minutes
- Finally, let stand 5 minutes and serve
CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
- Mix the chicken broth with thyme in a large pot and bring to a boil
- Reduce heat and add the breast.
- Let cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and add vegetables to taste: carrot, onion and celery. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the noodles and leave 10 more minutes
- Shred the chicken and add it to the pot
- Season to taste avoiding pepper so as not to irritate.
- Peel the fruit you want and dice it.
- Pour the juice into a blender glass and add milk. You can also add yogurt and condensed milk.
- Add the chopped fruits and crush.
Your Dental Implants At The Ruiz De Gopegui Clinic
Now you know that after a dental implant you should not follow only a diet of broths and soups. Add some of these recipes to your menu after the intervention and enjoy a good smile without putting your implants at risk.
In our dental clinic you will receive complete advice at each visit and our implant will solve any doubt that may arise.
Do you know any more recipes? Tell us!
If you want to perform a dental implant intervention, do not hesitate to contact us. We are specialized in implantology, using the most innovative techniques and the latest technology. Clínica Ruiz de Gopegui is one of the best clinics specialized in dental implants in Madrid.