If you need to subtract one or the four definitive teeth known as the third molars, which are located in the last part of both jaws of the mouth, opt for the wisdom teeth extraction service.
When they lack an ideal space to erupt, they tend to retain and remain embedded below the gingival area, causing pain and infection, among other critical to severe problems.
These molars begin to emerge, approximately, between sixteen and twenty-five years of age. However, lately, there have been clinical and dental cases of certain patients who never get to leave.
Would you like to know when wisdom tooth extraction is indicated? Keep reading this post!
Why Are Wisdom Teeth Removed?
These extractions are performed after a proper diagnosis and some dental tests, such as x-rays in their various presentations. On the other hand, among the most frequent reasons are:
After the x-rays it will be possible to observe in detail the position with which the wisdom teeth erupt, in some situations they develop with respect to a specific angle such as:
- Pushing the underlying tooth.
- Against the back of the mouth.
- Horizontally, vertically, lying or trapped inside the jaw, pushing the underlying or adjacent piece.
Infections in this oral area are usually generated, mainly, by inflammation around the crown of the molar, which can cause damage to its roots known as pericoronaritis.
The inadequate pressure they exert when wanting to erupt the wisdom teeth can cause problems of positioning and alignments in some teeth, such as the incisors.
This usually occurs because they do not have the necessary space in the gingival area to accommodate their development, causing the underlying and adjacent pieces to look misaligned or stacked together.
It happens the same as the previous case, because of the lack of space and after erupting too close to the nearby pieces, damaging and damaging them; reabsorbing its roots or appearing carious lesions, among other dental problems.
The dentist or oral surgeon is the one who will have the last word. However, any situation that involves the existence of infections, persistent pain, tumors or any external or internal damage, will be sufficient reason to perform this extraction service.
What Symptoms Cause Wisdom Teeth To Be Extracted?
When wisdom teeth arise properly, they do not generate great complexities in their extraction, but when any of them is impacted or retained the situation changes and tends to cause:
- Accumulation of food or waste.
- Pathologies by bacteria or particles of agglomerated supplies.
- Carious problems.
- Damage to nearby teeth, nerves, sinuses, surrounding bone or maxilla.
- Tumors or bumps.
Are There Any Complications After Wisdom Tooth Extraction?
Yes, in some situations theyeither occur during or after the operation. However, theyare usually not recurrent, but could include:
- Accidental damage to the underlying or adjacent pieces or to the jaw throughout the intervention.
- Severe discomfort or discomfort when clots break off from the wound, delaying healing.
- Hemiplegia or loss of sensation of the lip of the affected area or tongue.
- Variations in taste or bad taste in the mouth, caused by an alteration in the nerves. Insome cases they may be permanent.
- Stiffness of the jaw area.
- Ear, throat, or head pain.
- High temperature that does not cease after three days have passed since the intervention.
- Swallowing or breathing conflict .
- Inflammation that gets worse with the pasor weather.
- Blood or pus in the runny nose.
How Are Wisdom Teeth Removed?
The dentist, through local anesthesia, sedation or general anesthesia, will perform the extraction as follows:
- An incision is made in the gingival border of the maxilla in question, creating flaps to expose the tooth and the bone that surrounds it. Incase it is blocked by the bone, it will be chopped and divided into small sections.
- The molar is removed and the remains that remain around it are disinfected.
- The stitches are placed and gauze is placed over the extracted area to appease any further bleeding and promote clotting.
Recommendations After Wisdom Tooth Extraction
The guarantee of any treatment or dental intervention is based on adequate and exhaustive aftercare. For recovery after wisdom tooth extraction we recommend:
- Keep the gauze pressed constantly at intervals of forty to fifty minutes and, if necessary, adjustit. Repeatthis procedure as often as necessary until the bleeding subsides.
- Use ice or cold cloths to appease inflammation.
- Rinse with warm water and salt after eating any food and once every half hour for a week.
- You can brush again after two days post-intervention, but without touching the area of the intervention.
- Stop drinking sugary and alcoholic beverages for approximately two weeks.
- Avoid eating any food that may get stuck inside the extracted area.
- You should not spit or gargle in the first three days of the operation. This could dislodge the blood clot and delay the healing process.
- Do not smoke or chew tobacco, as it tends to delay healing or can cause dental infections.
Performs Wisdom Teeth Extraction: Fast And Painless
At Clínica Ruiz de Gopegui we put at your disposal a multidisciplinary and professional team in the various areas of dentistry, such as implantology, orthodontics, dental aesthetics, periodontics and many more.
We will take care of solving your problem and / or dental condition using the best and most avant-garde treatments, methods and dental techniques, taking into account your needs, tastes and degree of affection.
If you need to perform a wisdom tooth extraction, do not wait any longer and request your first free consultation at the Dental Clinic in Madrid, we will study your case in a personalized way. We are waiting for you.